Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday: Silent Crow



It is Good Friday and I sit silent. After so many years of composing this day, I can be silent. 

I am like the crow that will not call out on Peter's denial even once. Why? Because in Peter's denial is the foreshadowing of mine already tasted.

Wrapped in Jesus sense of being forsaken, is my sense of being reclaimed on those days when the cock has crowed in my life and I did not choose to hear his voice.

So today I choose silence. I hear the surf beyond my door, the few cars driving by.

I choose silence before the mystery of so great a love as to die in my forever death that I may never know it.

In the silence I feel Peter's tear. Is it of shame or of joy? ...Both mingle here.

It belongs to us all.

A bird chirps beyond my door unaware of care.

I am grateful to know the value of silence, memory, tear and Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment